When Josh Ostrovsky (aka The Fat Jew) and brothers Tanner and David Oliver Cohen (founders of the White Girl Problems Twitter account) joined forces to launch White Girl Rosé last summer, they were able to corner the market thanks to their deep understanding of their core audience — better known as "basics."
"We realized very early two important facts. Number one is that millennials are the biggest group of people who buy wine. And number two, they don’t know anything about it," David told Pret-a-Reporter of their target demographic during a rooftop tasting at the London West Hollywood hotel. "So you walk into a wine store, this stands out to them."
Indeed, the White Girl Rosé bottle — with its cheeky label and cork reading "Yas" — was an instant branded success, becoming the No. 2 best-selling rosé in New York state after last summer's launch with a quarter of a million bottles sold between July and September. (Not to mention, over 50,000 tagged Instagram photos.)
This season, however, the boys are taking White Girl Rosé to the next level by introducing Babe — their signature rosé with bubbles in a can. "Our demographic is drinking in nontraditional locations, like bathrooms, gas stations, Ubers. So we needed something portable. We need something that you can just chill with for going wherever," said Ostrovsky, adding that it's the perfect go-to alternative for beer at sporting events, concerts or "the office."
Searched for: brand: babe wines
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.