Fred Loimer started working with his father Alfred in 1988 after completing his studies at Klosterneuburg with stints in Germany's Nahe and Walter Schug winery in California. Fred took full control of his family's estate in 1997 and purchased the cellar of the Haindorf Castle on the outskirts of Langenlois. He then constructed a hyper-modern black cube on top of the old cellar symbolizing his aesthetic for modern elegance. Fred began practicing biodynamics in 2006 and is a founding member of Respekt, a certifying body for biodynamic viticulture in Austria. His wines are among the very best examples of Grüner Veltliner and Riesling in the Kamptal. In 2002, he was named "Winemaker of the Year" by Austria's Falstaff wine magazine.
Weingut Loimer consists of 65 hectares farmed entirely by biodynamic principals. His estate near Langenlois in the Kamptal region includes several Erste Lage, which are vineyards classified as "premier cru" by the prestigious Traditionsweingüter. Grüner Veltliners from Spiegel and Käferberg, and Rieslings from Seeberg, Steinmassal, and Heiligenstein are identified as Erste Lage with the symbol 1ÖTW. Following the appellation structure of the Traditionsweingüter, "Ortswein" (village wines) highlight the character of Fred's home village Langenlois, while "Gebietswein" (regional wines) such as Lois Grüner Veltliner and Lenz Riesling, reflect the quality and value of the Danube Valley. Fred also leases vines in Gumpoldskirchen where he produces Pinot Noir, Traminer, and the local specialty, Zierfandler.
Searched for: brand: fred loimer
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.