Château Livran has more than 700 years of history in the Médoc region. Woods and vines surround an immense 3000m² building, harmoniously built over the centuries. It all started in 1280, with the brothers Arnaud and Béraud de Goth who were treasurers to the kings of France and England. Arnaud's son, Bertrand would be better known as Pope Clement V. These noblemen owners continued until the 1914 war, when the property was used as a makeshift hospital. Then Château Livran became a seat for the resistance during the Second World War. It is even said that General de Gaulle spent his last night at the property before leaving for England in 1945.
Today, we find Edwige Lurton Michon, daughter of the famous Lucien Lurton and Olivier Michon running the Château. They bought the property in 2013. Inspired by this Medoc jewel, located in a contiguous geographical area, they are enjoying reviving this beautiful estate, bringing all the necessary modernity to its development, while respecting the accomplished work of their predecessors.
After much renovation work (new winery, purchase of concrete vats) and a replanting plan, the Michon family implemented a careful wine-making programme with particular attention given to the vine throughout the year. The objective: to express the diversity of the terroir as best as possible, by controlling each stage. "If we compare a vine plant to the human body, you have to give it the opportunity to develop in a harmonious way", says Olivier Michon.
Respecting both natural and human resources, the Michon couple capitalise on the estate's assets with natural temperature regulation and optimisation of the water source; this allows them to work each plot individually in the most effective way. Paying close attention to the quality of the soil and monitoring it, Edwige and Olivier work the land gently, will which soon allow them to eliminate the use of herbicide.
More info and FAQ below
Today the estate produces 150,000 bottles including 50% Château Livran Cru Bourgeois and 50% Sources de Livran (second wine). With its typical Médoc terroir made up of clay-limestone soil, Château Livran also enjoys the influence of a maritime climate, which gives the vine regular water nutrition, encouraging good grape ripening.
Searched for: brand: chateau livran
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.