Domaine Antonin Guyon is one of the most prestigious estates in the Côte d'Or, as well as one of the largest family-owned wineries in the region. Started in the 1960s by Antonin Guyon with parcels of land in Gevrey and Meursault, the domaine is controlled and operated today by Antonin's sons, Dominique and Michel.
This 47 hectare property now produces wines of impeccable quality from 15 different appellations, including some of the most renowned villages of the region.
Dominique Guyon and his brother Michel control the business that was started by their father Antonin in the 1960's. Antonin was relatively mature when he set out on his vine-owning journey – 55 – buying his first parcels in Gevrey and Meursault. The biggest single addition to the family's holdings came in 1970 after Dominique had patiently accumulated hundreds of small parcels from almost 80 different Hautes Côtes de Nuits growers in Meuilley into a single, 22 hectare block of southfacing vines.
Based in Savigny-lès-Beaune the domaine owns a fine range of vines from around the hill of Corton but their northern limits are in Gevrey, southern in Meursault, western in the aforementioned Hautes Côtes de Nuits and to the east in Chorey-lès-Beaune.
Picking is 100% by hand with the first triage selection at the vine; the aim is to get the grapes to the cuverie within 30 minutes of picking. At the cuverie there is a second triage on the sorting table before the red grapes are completely destemmed then placed into the large (temperature controlled) open-top wooden fermentation tanks. A rough 'rule of thumb' is that there is one week cold (10-12°C) maceration, one week of (maximum 30°C) fermentation then finally, one week of post-fermentation maceration with twice-daily pigeage before gravity feeding into barrels in the cellar below. 50% new oak is used for the
grand crus, less for the 'smaller' wines.
Today, Dominique and daughter Hombeline Guyon preside over a 47 hectare domaine producing wines of impeccable quality from 25 different appellations. His holdings produce wines of sufficient quantity to bring to the broad market dominated by negociant names, but with a quality that can rival some of the most specialist of grower domaines.
Searched for: brand: domaine antonin guyon
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.