The Doyard family traces their roots in Champagne back to the 17th century. Maurice Doyard, was the first in the family to make wine in Vertus, officially signifying the domaine's foundation. In 1979, at the ripe old age of 20, Yannick Doyard took over the domaine, turning it into a beacon for precise, mineral-etched Champagne. The domaine farms 10 ha of vineyards in Vertus and the Grand Cru villages of Le Mesnil, Cramant, Oger, Avize and Ay. The viticultural philosophy employed by the domaine is a 'non-dogmatic' approach to biodynamic farming with absolutely no herbicides or pesticides used. Most of the vineyards are worked by horse and yields are kept intentionally kept low, adding to the focused intensity that defines the house style. In the cellar, state of the art double banked Coquard PAI presses are employed and every parcel is vinified separately. In an effort to maintain the high acidity and mineral complexities of the wines, cold stabilization is done naturally by leaving the bottles in the coldest portion of the cellar to allow the wines to precipitate naturally. All of the wines undergo very long lees aging--a minimum of 48 months on all Cuvées, lending a vinous quality to the wines that have become the envy of Vertus. Every single decision made in the vineyard and cellar are geared toward making the most expressive, terroir focused Champagne possible. Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Searched for: brand: doyard
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.