The Maiolini family has been connected to wine and grapes since the 15th century. The family traces their roots to Ome, a unique place located on the northeastern border of Franciacorta, Italy's famed sparkling wine-producing region. The red grape variety Majolina (recently recognized as a variety indigenous to Lombardy) is a testament to the long history of the family in this region.
In 1981 Valentino Maiolini's four sons relaunched the Majolini winery. Together they restored the ancient vineyards and built the winery high up on a hill with views that stretch for miles over the village of Ome and the surrounding vineyards. The buildings are crafted from local stone known as Medolo and this pure white limestone is the same component found in the region's soil that gives minerality and structure to the Franciacorta wines that are produced here.
Today the winery is run by Ezio Maiolini and three cousins: Simone, Giovanni, and Elena. For almost twenty years the winemaking process has been shared by Cesari Ferrari from Franciacorta and Jean-Pierre Valade from Champagne, France.
The Maiolinis own 24 hectares in more than 24 plots dedicated to Chardonnay, Majolina, and Pinot Noir vineyards. The reason for this vineyard fragmentation is because Majolini focuses on sourcing their grapes from small hillside vineyards. The vineyards are scattered amongst the hills that surround the winery and the higher altitude gives wonderful characteristics to Majolini's wines in terms of aroma and minerality.
In the vineyard, the Maiolini family has chosen a style of viticulture that is dedicated to ensuring the representation of their terroir and results in a very high-quality grape-growing process. Some of their techniques include low yields, high-density planting, rigorous pruning, grassing, peeling, and selection of the grapes on all of the bunches during the summer. The winery is currently in the process of obtaining an organic certification. At harvest, the grapes are picked by hand and placed in small boxs so that they can reach the winery intact. The harvest from each vineyard is vinified separately and cuvées are blended before secondary fermentation in bottle.
100% renewable energy sources; CO2 free.
Majolini Winery was the first producer to join the rigorous Italian Wine Carbon Calculator (Ita.Ca®), a project for monitoring environmental impact. This project was promoted by the agronomic study SATA and shared with the Winemakers Federation of Australia. Majolini Winery is one of the first companies to be able to demonstrate, by a rigorous method, a capacity to absorb CO2 higher than the amount of carbon dioxide emitted.
Searched for: brand: majolini winery
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.