Legend has it that the name Recougne came in "recognition" of the quality of its wines by King Henri IV in the early 17th century, and while wine has been made on the site for 400 years, the estate is perhaps more relevant today than ever. As Bordeaux recalibrates towards producing wines of freshness and balance, Recougne stands as an example of a pure, fresh style that has remained steadfast for over half a century. The wines have concentration and energy, with pure red and black fruits and a complex earthiness. Amazingly, examples of Recougne from the 1950s and 1960s are still drinking gorgeously
Today the wines are made by one of the young stars of the right bank, the fourth generation of his family to make wine at Recougne, Marc Milhade. Marc's philosophy and energy are guided towards more work in the vineyard, and less intervention (in this case, continuing less intervention) in the cellar.
More info and FAQ below
The Milhade family has for four generations made wine on the right bank of Bordeaux, always as a family affair. Xavier Milhade, overseeing his family's properties of Chateau Recougne and Chateau Boutisse, has passed his winemaking talent to his son, Marc, now one of the leaders of the younger generation in the Saint-Emilion area. While Chateau Recougne has a historical reputation gong back centuries as an exceptional terroir well beyond its Bordeaux Superieur label, Marc has helped make Boutisse a truly exciting Saint Emilion Grand Cru. Marc's sister Elodie is also taking on increasingly important role running the non-winemaking side of the estates, and her husband's Chateau Tour Bayard, in Montagne-Saint-Emilion, completes the trifecta of estates overseen by the family.
Searched for: brand: chateau recougne
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.