Located in commune of Agliano Terme within Asti, Agostino Pavia is a Barbera specialist. Unlike with many Piedmont producers where Nebbiolo is the focus and Barbera can be treated as an afterthought, here Barbera is king. Agostino Pavia, convinced of the quality of Barbera in this region, began purchasing top vineyards in the 1950s, as many were abandoning vineyards in Piedmont and moving to cities for work. The vineyards are situated between 240 and 260 meters in altitude, and the soils are sand mixed with clay. Pavia is very much a family-affair, with Agostino's two sons Giuseppe and Mauro now handling much of the cellar work and sales. But it is still Agostino who walks the vineyards during harvest, tasting the grapes, and deciding when to pick. They employ a sustainable farming philosophy that Mauro refers to as "buon senso" (common sense): all vineyard work done manually, integrated pest management, cover crops between rows, etc. A rigorous green harvest, combined with ideal exposure in the vineyards, allows Pavia to produce Barberas of uncommon complexity and precision.
Searched for: brand: agostino pavia
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.