Ledaig Distillery is located in Tobermory village, on the Hebridean island of Mull. The distillery started its life as one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland, in 1798, under the name of Ledaig, which means safe haven. The distillery was founded by John Sinclair, and today it is known as Tobermory Distillery. He was actually originally told to build a brewery. Ledaig experienced numerous mothballs and takeovers. In 1837 it was mothballed for 41 years, and until 1916, various owners managed the distillery. In 1916, DCL bought the distillery, but it closed again after 14 years. After this period, a Liverpool shipping company purchased and renovated the distillery, renaming it Tobermory. In 1993, Burns Stewart Distillers purchased the distillery. This was the start of the golden days. Tobermory does not operate at its full capacity of 1m liters, but it does produce 750k liters per year. Mishnish Loch is the source of water used in the distillery. Although the barley used in the distillery is unpeated, the water source is filled with peaty phenols, which gives Tobermory a slightly phenolic character. There are four washbacks and two pairs of pot stills, with a 5 ton cast-iron mash tun. There is little storage in Tobermory, thus casks are stored in the sister distillery Deanston.
Searched for: brand: ledaig distillery
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.