Overview Location – In the Heart of a Spectacular Landscape The estate vineyards of Château Gassier, located at an altitude of 330 meters (1,083 feet), benefit from an ideal location in the heart of the Arc Valley, protected by Mount Sainte-Victoire immediately to the north (the rocky peak painted repeatedly by Cézanne, who lived nearby in the 1880s), the Regagnas hills in the south and Mont Aurélien to the east. Acknowledged as an appellation in its own right in 2005, the vineyard area of Sainte-Victoire is viewed as one of the most unspoiled in France. It has been classified as a natural reserve "Grand Site de France," an area that is conserved and managed following sustainable development practices.
Soil and Grape Varietals – The Terroir of Château Gassier In order to gain a better knowledge of their terroir and define the most beneficial affinity between soil composition and grape variety, Gassier has dug 17 deep, pedological cavities. ("Pedology" is "soil science.") Gassier has identified four main terroirs on the estate: • To the west, the soil is silty sand, ideal for Syrah. • To the south, the dry and rocky land with little depth is planted to Grenache and Rolle. • To the east, the base of the slopes is deep and rocky, perfect for Cinsault. • To the north, the clay and limestone soil overlays a sandstone slab which is best for Grenache.
Harvest and Vinification The harvest takes place very early in the morning to retain the freshness in the grapes. The grapes are then destemmed and vinified by direct press and a brief pellicle maceration. The recent investments in equipment allow Gassier to keep the grapes separated from oxygen during pressing, thereby preserving the aromas, which give an outstanding fruitiness to the wines.
More info and FAQ below
Sustainable Farming – Château Gassier's Commitment In 2010, Château Gassier decided to take the first steps towards organic viticulture. Since then, parcel after parcel, the land has been worked without chemicals, and all viticultural practices follow EU rules for organic certification.
Searched for: brand: chateau gassier
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.