Gin inspired by a rabbit with horns? Sure, we're in Norway, baby! Det Norske Brenneri, or "The Norwegian Distillery" in English, is based in the lovely town of Grimstad in the southern part of the country (it's where Roald Dahl's grandparents lived). They're the first private distillery in Norway ever since the government dissolved the state monopoly on Spirits-making in 2005, and they've been making everything from apple Brandies and Whiskeys to Aquavits and Gins. They swear on traditional methods and small batches -- they only produce 300 liters at a time. Naturally, DNB only uses local Norwegian berries and herbs, which have a very unique and specific taste thanks to the environment and the climate. Now about the cool name and that horned hare. Harahorn Gin is named after a mountain in Hemsedal, one of the most pristine mountain areas. The chimeric beast on the label is the lepus cornutus, a huge rabbit with deer antlers, thought to be real in the 16th and 17th centuries. Thank goodness we're not that silly today, eh? The Gin itself uses the Norwegian potato liquor as the base and contains Røros juniper, anise, Nordmarka blueberries, Grimstad rhubarb, Oppdal angelica, seaweed, wild Sunndal marjoram, and 16 other Norse herbs. Some say it's one of the best Gins on the planet, but what's certain is they got the 2019 USA Spirits Ratings award for the Gin of the Year.
Searched for: brand: harahorn
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.