The Valle d'Aosta, in the extreme northwest of Italy, is tucked into the Alps and bordered by France and Switzerland. It's Italy's smallest region, with only 1260 square miles (approximately the size of Rhode Island). The extreme growing conditions and climate make viticulture here a heroic act, but one much rewarded: The high elevation vineyards and French (or French derived) varietals make wines of exceptional elegance with a continental pedigree but Italian flavor--here the clash of cultures at the border has created something wonderful and unique.
The tiny Triolet winery is located in Introd, Aosta, on the south side of the Dora Baltea river and just three miles from the spectacular peaks of the Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso. The Martin family runs the winery as well as a small agriturismo all at 760 meters (2500 feet!) above sea level in a historic building dating back to 1656. The history of the winery is comparatively short: it was founded in 1993 by Marco Martin, who had learned his trade growing up in a family of vignerons, and eventually working as a viticultural expert for the regional (and autonomous) government of Valle d'Aosta.
His Pinot Gris vineyard is located at the staggering altitude of 900 meters above sea level, while his reds are between 600 – 800 meters above sea level. Marco now owns five hectares in the towns of Introd, Villeneuve and Nus, which are planted to Pinot Noir, Gamay, Fumin, and Syrah as well as Gewurtztraminer and Muscat. The vineyards are planted in sandy soil of morainic origin rich in minerals. The savory, fresh and elegant wines express the essence of the mountain terroir, and the wines' aromatic complexity, derived from the extreme changes in night and day temperatures, is beguiling. Farming is done with the utmost respect to the environment; Marco uses integrated pest management and only organic compost to fertilize.
More info and FAQ below
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Searched for: brand: lo triolet
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.