When you think of sherry you probably think of the triangle of Jerez, Sanlúcar and El Puerto de Santa María but most of the Pedro Ximénez for PX wines actually comes from next door region Montilla-Moriles. This is where Toro Albalá is located, they were the first bodega to sell a sweet PX dessert wine, and continue to be seen as experts in vintage Pedro Ximénez. The bodega was set up in 1922 by grower José María Toro Albalá to capitalise on the popularity of Fino with local farm workers. The winery is located in a former power station at Aguilar de la Frontera, which gave rise to the joke that the wine was electric, their fino is still called "Eléctrico" today. When enologist and nephew of the founder Antonio Sánchez took over the bodega in the 1960s, he moved the focus toward traditional ageing in a "crianza" system, although wines from Montilla can't call themselves sherry. Around 30% of their grapes come from their own vineyards, and 70% from partner growers. The soleras in the subterranean tunnels of the old building comprise of approximately 6000 barrels, some of which contain the oldest wines available in Andalucía. Antonio is an expert in the Pedro Ximénez grape but also in the history of his region, and has set up a small museum stuffed with books, paintings and local archaeological finds from the vineyards.
Searched for: brand: bodegas toro albala
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.