At the top of a hill in Cingoli, in Le Marche, between the Apennine mountains and the Adriatic sea, stands Tenuta di Tavignano. Since the 1990's, owners Stefano Aymerich di Laconi and his wife Beatrice Lucangeli have devoted themselves full measure to the production of high-quality wines based on the region's most noble grape: Verdicchio. They replanted their vineyards and reinvested in the uniqueness of Castello di Jesi Classico DOC. And make no mistake, the appellation is worth your attention – especially in the Classico district, where centuries of cultivation pre-date the boom of quantity over quality in one of Italy's most historic DOCs, founded in 1968!
And few producers have honed in so well on what it means to be Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico as has Tavignano--with a host of Tre Bicchieri awards since 2006 culminating with the highest honor of the Italian press--Gambero Rosso's White Wine of the Year award in 2017 for their Misco Riserva 2015.
Today, Ondine de la Feld, Stefano's neice, supports her uncle in the management of the estate's 30 hectares of Verdicchio, Montepulciano, Sangiovese and other native varieties. Her influence has been important. In 2014, the year Ondine joined the company, Tavignano began conversion of all of its vineyards to organic production, becoming fully certified in 2018. The following year she spearheaded the launch of "The Monsters" a playful collection of pet nats and Verdicchio-based orange wine. Upholding tradition while simultaneously embracing change, Tavignano expresses a freedom in form that keeps them one of the most exciting estates in Le Marche.
Searched for: brand: tavignano
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.