The Castello di Meleto estate consists of 2,470 acres of land, of which 400 acres are dedicated to vineyards. Castello di Meleto is owned by Viticola Toscana, a joint-stock company controlled by the Schuler family. With the support of the Schuler family, Castello di Meleto has renewed its estate philosophy. Located not far from the boundary between the ancient Republics of Siena and Florence, just over a half mile from Gaiole in Chianti, the castle at the heart of the estate once belonged to the Benedictine monks of the Coltibuono Abbey. The name "Meleto in Chianti" can be traced back as far as 1269 when it was under the property of the Rainerii de Ricasoli family. Today, Castello di Meleto's vineyards are spread in five separate plots that surround the castle, leaving the winery in an ideal central location.
In recent years, Castello di Meleto has made many improvements in order to better produce everyday, food-friendly wines that embody the character of this unique land and the Tuscan lifestyle of food and wine. The prevailing varietals are Sangiovese, destined to the production of Chianti Classico wine, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and other traditional varietals. However, replanting efforts using carefully selected clones, have focused on replacing some international varietal vineyards with native varietals in an effort to emphasize the region's unique character in the final wines. The soil is mostly marl, calcareous marl and alberese. It is in this barren land that the vines give their best fruits, full of natural aromas and a distinct minerality that distinguishes it from some of their peers in the Chianti Classico.
With the addition of enological consultant Emiliano Falsini to the Castello di Meleto team, the offerings from Castello di Meleto have evolved and expanded to include a Chianti Classico that blends Sangiovese with the lesser-known, but indigenous Alicante and a refreshing Sangiovese rosato produced using the Salasso method.
Searched for: brand: castello di meleto
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.