It was bold exploration and love for challenge that led David Hohnen and his brothers to plant the first vines here in 1970, where no one dared to try before.
The first 16 hectares of vines were planted on the "Wallcliffe Vineyard" making Cape Mentelle one of the first three founding wineries in Margaret River.
Cape Mentelle is the first winery in Australia to have an optical berry sorter in order to ensure that only berries of the highest quality go into the making of the wine.
The Estate defines micro-sections within the vineyards and performs micro-vinification in the winery. Cape Mentelle nurtures its terroir and takes a hands-on approach in the management of the vineyards, carefully caring for each vine in order to produce the most refined wines possible.
The first winery in Western Australia to be accredited under the Entwine program for its sustainable practices. Entwine Australia is
the Australian wine industry's program – set up to support growers and winemakers in improving the sustainability of their business.
Vineyards have been herbicide free since 2020.
8% of total landholdings are currently preserved as native forest.
Seeding of cover crops between the vines to produce nitrogen and organic matter.
Vineyards and Winery are members of Sustainable Winegrowing Australia (SWA).
Production of compost on site from waste grape skins and seeds improving
Searched for: brand: cape mentelle
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.