Castello Monaci is located in Puglia's Salento region, on the "heel of the boot" that is Italy. In this emerging region, Castello Monaci is a benchmark producer crafting wines with the unique characters of Southern Italy's indigenous grapes Primitivo, Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera. The region of Puglia is drenched in the most intense sunlight in all of Italy tempered only by nearby Mediterranean Sea that provides constant, cooling maritime winds. This unique climate helps produce exquisitely balanced fruit. The Castello Monaci estate is housed in a 16th century castle with medieval foundations once run by Basiliani monks who maintained a long winemaking tradition. Lina Memmo, whose family has owned the estate since the 19th century, and husband Vitantonio Seracca, currently own the property.
The cellars are surrounded by over 350 acres of vineyards with additional acreage planted to experimental plantings of white varietals near Brindisi on the Adriatic Sea. Each vineyard parcel is cultivated, harvested and vinified separately in small tanks. These are wines disegnati dal sole, or 'crafted by the sun.'
"Castello Monaci is one of the most beautiful properties in Puglia. It includes a fairytale castle with intricate crenelated walls and a stunning courtyard garden. In fact, this is one of the most popular sites for weddings in the southern half of the Italian peninsula. The winemaking activities of the estate are managed by Gruppo Italiano Vino, Italy's biggest wine company. GIV was among the first to make important investments in Puglia, and was also among the first to employ temperature-control technology for hot climate wines. I have tasted the wines from Castello Monaci regularly over the past decade and can attest to their overall consistency and quality. "--THE WINE ADVOCATE
"Castello Monaci is an excellent source of value wines." --THE WINE ADVOCATE
"Castello Monaci could well be considered a model for winemaking in Apulia." --
Searched for: brand: castello monaci
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.