It is on the southeast border of the Garda amphitheatre dating from the end of the Ice Age. This area has long been recognised as a vine growing district, indeed in 1848 the land was registered and classified by the ruling Hapsburg authorities in the first and second quality categories.
This was based not only on quality but also on consistency of good production, essentially due to the capacity of the soil to stay moist in hot seasons. La Cavalchina fu teatro di battaglie nel corso della I e II guerra di indipendenza; a testimonianza della battaglia del 1866 rimane un obelisco di ardesia marrone che ricorda il ferimento del principe Amedeo di Savoia.
The Cavalchina district was the site of both first and second War of Independency during the Risorgimento. The memorial basilisk to the 1866 battle is at the entrance to Cavalchina's estate; it commemorates, in particular, the Prince Amedeo di Savoia wounded at the battle.
The Azienda Agricola Cavalchina was created in the early 1900s with the purchase of the first vineyards. Later the cellar was built and originally included a distillery, which was in use until 1967. By the 1960s the Piona family felt that the white wines of Custoza deserved better recognition than simply being labelled as Soave. From 1962 they were the first producers to label their white wines made from Fernanda, Trebbiano and Garganega with the Custoza name and to promote the name in key markets around Italy such as Rome and Milan.
Searched for: brand: azienda agricola cavalchina
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.