Founded in 1974 by the Moretti Polegato family, La Gioiosa ("The Joyous") is named after the ancient name of the province where the wines are farmed and produced: Treviso, known in antiquity as a "joyous" region because of its lush farmland and widespread prosperity.
Today, the winery produces a wide range of Proseccos, including classic Prosecco, low-calorie Prosecco, and organically farmed Prosecco. The winery is also a leader in the production of environmentally friendly wines and it strives to limit its carbon footprint by using alternative energy sources, including hydroelectric power generated by the nearby Piave river.
The winery is currently converting its vineyards for Biodiversity Friend certification from the World Biodiversity Association. All of its wines are produced by immediately chilling the grape must to nearly freezing as soon as the bunches are picked. The must is then preserved low temperatures until the moment the winemaker decides to give it its sparkle. This costly but highly effective process helps to ensure the wine's signature freshness and high quality.
The historic Moretti Polegato family was recently recognized as one of post-war Italy's "business leaders" by the Italian chamber of commerce for its role in popularizing Prosecco throughout the world.
Searched for: brand: la gioiosa
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.