Chateau Fleur de Jean Gue is a 13-hectare property that belongs to the Vedrenne family. The vineyard was acquired by Rene Vedrenne, grandfather of the present director and winemaker, Xavier Magen. The winery is located at the vineyard, which is next to the 12th century church in the heart of the Lalande de Pomerol, located just north of the limit of the Pomerol appellation.
The vines at Chateau Fleur de Jean Gue average 25 years of age and are planted on sandy-clay soil. The soil of the vineyard rows is alternately planted with grass and plowed. Magen harvests and vinifies by vineyard parcel in temperature controlled, stainless-steel tanks that are between 50 and 150 hectoliters in size. The fermentation lasts for one week and is followed by 2.5 weeks of maceration in the tanks. Magen pumps the juice over of the cap of grapes skins one per day while also circulating the juice in tank (déléstage in French) to optimize the wine's color, texture and flavor while avoiding over-extraction. Chateau Fleur de Jean Gue is aged in oak casks which 10% are new, 30% one-year old and 60% two years old, for 12 months. The barrels are assembled in tank two months before bottling.
More info and FAQ below
Chateau Fleur de Jean Gue is packed with sweet cherry and blackberry fruit with hints of vanilla and spice from the stylish use of oak. Its supple fruit and attractive texture make Chateau. Fleur de Jean Gue a perfect, Merlot-based wine for current enjoyment with fowl, red meats, grilled fish and cheeses. As a Lalande de Pomerol, it also represents exceptional value.
Searched for: brand: chateau fleur de jean gue
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.