Armorica, the mythical land that the Romans called modern-day Brittany, was first planted to grape vines around 2000 years ago. With the conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar, the Romans moved swiftly to plant vineyards all over France, including in areas considered today to be too cold for wine production, such as Normandy and Brittany. These vineyards supported the Roman soldier (who was due a daily ration of wine) and the settlements they left behind to keep the peace. With climate change, vines are again creeping back north into the heart of ancient Armorica.
Armorica was, and still is, a surreal place. Waves crashing on massive pink granite boulders, dense forests full of Arthurian legend, and Celtic burial sites (looking like mini Stonehenges) dot the landscape. The southern historical edge of this wild and gorgeous region is the western end of the Loire river, and more specifically, the sloped vineyards of Muscadet. 2,000 years ago, Muscadet represented the southern boundary of Brittany, and fortified castles such as the Chateau de Clisson stood guard against invaders from the south.
We created Armorica as an homage to this wild, raw, and beautiful region. Based on the dry and crisp whites wines that are chilled on the beach during the Breton summers, Armorica is a seaside wine that combines the minerality and saline qualities of the Atlantic with the florality of Brittany's wildflower meadows. It grows on the volcanic soil of southern historical Brittany in the middle of Muscadet, and as such, is a low alcohol, zero sugar white wine of delicious crispness and verve.
Searched for: brand: armorica
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.