No one contemporary producer is more synonymous with eau-de-vie than Hans Reisetbauer.
In 1990, Hans planted his first orchard on his farm in Axberg, Austria, with the intent to create the best eau-de-vie in the world. Renowned German distillery fabricator, Christian Carl, built the first still from plans designed by Hans himself in 1994, and less than two years later, Hans won Schnapps of the Year at the Destillata Specialist Trade Fair with his Williams Pear eau-de-vie.
After his initial success, Hans distilled anything he could get his hands on--from apples to carrots--constantly challenging himself to find the purest expressions of these fruits and vegetables. In 2005, he began distilling wheat and branched out from eau-de-vie to craft his award-winning Blue Gin. Additionally, he now produces vodka and single malt whiskies, all from organic estate-grown grain.
Kirchdorfergut, the Reisetbauer family farm since 1959, is primarily operated by Hans' son, Hansi Jr., and is home to 140 hectares (nearly 350 acres) of certified organic fruit trees, barley, wheat, and other crops used in the production of Reisetbauer distillates. This includes nearly 17,000 Williams pear trees and 7,000 apple trees, as well as the wheat and barley used for his vodka, gins, and whiskies. Hans Reisetbauer's dedication to his orchards, obsessive attention to detail in fermentation and distillation, and constant quest for new innovations have earned him a reputation as one of the finest producers of eau-de-vie in the world.
This meticulous attention to detail inspired the distillery's fifth and most recent renovation. In 2019, the entire distillery was dismantled and replaced with an energy self-sufficient facility which has been designed with the most technologically advanced stills from Christian Carl. Hans now has forty-eight different points used for adjusting temperature in a single still which enables precise control down to .05 degrees during distillation. Additionally, the fermentation tanks have interfaces which allow them to be operated directly though Hans' smartphone. Obtaining complete, exact control of temperature during the entire production process allows the subtleties of each distillate to be fully captured.
Following fermentation, the mash of each of Reisetbauer's eaux-de-vie is distilled twice and the heads and tails discarded. Only the heart of the distillate is kept as it contains the most prized volatile and aromatic components from the raw material and is responsible for creating distinctive aromas. Lastly, the eaux-de-vie are rested for at least 3 years in stainless steel before being diluted with Alpine spring water sourced from Mühlviertel, which has exclusively provided fresh low calcium, low sodium spring water for Reisetbauer for nearly three decades.
Hans Reisetbauer's intention has always been to produce pleasure rather than simple spirits and he continuously, consistently overachieves this goal with everything he distills.
Searched for: brand: hans reisetauer
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.