TULLAMORE DISTILLERY AND "TULLAMORE DEW"
the story from 1829 to 1954 is reproduced here
A Famous Irish Distillery
TRADITION gives Tullamore an existence in the early years of the Christian era. There is the story of Cahir Mhor, Irish Chieftain from A.D. 120 to 123, who was said to have thirty sons, the eldest being called Ros Failghe-Ros of the Rings. Ros's descendants formed the clan of Hy Failghe, who occupied a large tract of country in the Midlands. The tribal name exists today in the name of the county-Offaly.
Captain J. Williams, M.C [died 1965]
(Former Chairman B. Daly and Co., Ltd.)
Nestling in the valley, under the heathery crest of the Slieve Bloom mountains, the clan had their meeting place-the great assembly, Tulach Mhor. Nowadays we call it Tullamore. It is the county capital, a prosperous market town for a rich grain-growing district. It is noted, above all, as the seat of a large Whiskey manufacturing industry-Bernard Daly's Distillery, widely known now as The Tullamore Distillery.
Whiskey making in the Irish Midlands dates back to the dim Celtic twilight. A very simple process it was, too, in those days. The field of grain lay ripening in the sun. It was cut and harvested, and a sheaf offered in thanksgiving. Then flailed and winnowed, until the ears remained in a heap of pure gold the bread of life.
The grain was ground in a stone quern, and placed in a barrel of warm water to ferment. The fermented liquor was boiled in a pot, and as the steam came off it was condensed by means of a pipe laid in the cold water of the hill stream. And lo and behold! The crystal-clear distillate-Uisge Beatha. The ears of the barley sheaf, the bread of life, had been transformed into the magic distilled essence-the water of life.
Searched for: brand: tullamore dew
- 1 bottle
- $123.99 / ea
- 1 bottle
- $31.99 / ea
- Buy1 cases
- $26.99 / ea
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.