Wine has been made at the Castillo Perelada since the Middle Ages, as shown in several documents and parchments from the period to be found in the library. When Miguel Mateu bought this ensemble of monuments in 1923, one of his primary objectives was to revitalize the wine producing tradition, a tradition that is more alive than ever these days and which has incorporated the most modern technology to create wines that make full use of the nuances of the soils and vines of the Empordà.
Since its foundation, Perelada has been recognised for its commitment to quality through the great international popularity of its wines. In the 1960s, the success in the United Kingdom of what at the time was called "Champagne Rosado de Castillo Perelada" made the sparkling wine producers of the Champagne region in France appeal to the courts to obtain exclusive rights over the use of the name. They won, so the other regions had to look for alternative denominations. In the case of Spain, this gave rise to the Cava D.O. In any event, far from harming Castillo Perelada, the dispute benefited the bodega as free publicity.
Over the decades the wines of Perelada have had the honour of being chosen for official banquets of unquestionable historical significance, such as the coronation of King Juan Carlos I, the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Asturias or for visits from United States presidents Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.
Naturally, Perelada's interests centered since the early years on the Empordà D.O. It is within this wine-growing region that the bodega has been regularly acquiring new vineyards and selectively planting different grape varieties, always on the basis of research carried out by an expert team of oenologists.
Over the years, Perelada wines have been the deserving winners of many awards in national and international contests. The three gold and two bronze medals achieved in the 5th Sélection Mondiale des Vins, Alcool et Liqueurs of Paris in 1967 marked one of the key moments in the bodega's history. Yet it has been in recent years that the Castillo Perelada wines have positioned themselves among the most highly commended in Spain thanks to the medals won in contests such as the Concurso Internacional de Vinos Bacchus, La Nariz de Oro, Vinalies Internationales, Challenge International du Vin, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, International Wine & Spirit Competition, Decanter World Wine Awards and Mundus Vini.
Searched for: brand: castillo perelada
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.