This 3-generation family estate currently manages 58 hectares of old vines (80 years on average) - 30 of which are in one single piece in the heart of the Lirac appellation (Gard). They produce wine in three appellations - TAVEL, LIRAC and CÔTES DU RHÔNE (with the Jean Alesi estate).
This family owned and operated winery produces some of the best values in our portfolio. In 1994, Henri de Lanzac, cousin of the late Christophe Delorme from Domaine de la Mordorée, purchased the Domaine and began to improve the quality of the wine. "Ségriès" in provencal means "water spring".
The Domaine Château de Ségriès owns 58 hectares of vineyard land (143 acres), all in old vines, 30 hectares in one piece alone:
- 11 ha (27 acres) in Tavel, on limestone, pebble stone, sand and clay based soils.
- 36 ha (89 acres) in Lirac, on clay and limestone based soils.
- 7 ha (17 acres) in Côtes du Rhône.
- 4 ha (10 acres) in Côtes du Rhône for the "Clos Jean Alesi"
Many of the vines date back to 1925, and were planted by the former owner Count de Regis de Gatimel.
The clay-limestone based soils contribute in an essential way to the quality of the wines, in the same way as the cultivation method and the traditional grape varieties that are used. The cultivation method reduces yields to favor quality, and uses short-term processes and limited use of traditional fertilizers. Mainly harvested by hand, vinified traditionally, privileging Grenache, Ségriès wines have body, warmth, roundness.
Searched for: brand: chateau de segries
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.