Canned wine is certainly not the first thing that comes to mind when we're thinking of vino for our next party. However, as some old-school beer consumers are jumping into the wine boat and younger consumers are becoming more open to alternative packaging, it’s time to forget about cork openers for a bit. Nowadays, canned wines come in very high quality and many varieties, including Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. So, if you're looking for something to pair with your next grill under the sun, at Empire Wines, we've got your back.
Over recent centuries, wine has always been packed in 750ml bottles with a cork closure that prevents spoilage, and it’s challenging to think of any other product with such a traditional packaging. Canned wine is packed in aluminum containers lined with a water-based polymer, and comes in various sizes, from 250ml to 375ml and 500ml. Like soda or beer, wine in a can does not have any metallic flavor and can offer all the fruitiness and freshness of any given bottle. There are also some great advantages for the consumer and the environment when opting for cans over glass bottles.More info and FAQ below
Searched for: category: can wine & wine cocktails
Frequently Asked Questions About Can Wine
Does wine in a can taste metallic?
These days, most canned wine producers use aluminum containers lined with a water-based polymer, which prevents the wine from getting any metallic taste from the can.
What's the best wine in a can?
As much as with any bottled wine, the best-canned wine is the one you most enjoy. We find that wines with pure, bold flavors, fresh acidity, and a small touch of sweetness like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, and Rose are great options.
If you’re a Sauv-Blanc lover:
- Bonterra Organically Grown Sauvignon Blanc 4-250ml cans
- Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc 375ml cans
- Sans Wine Co. Sauvignon Blanc 375ml cans
If you love Chardonnay:
- Butter" onclick="target='_blank';" class="text-red-800 underline">(https://www.empirewine.com/search/?q=c%3A12)-4-250ml-cans-i37581/">Butter by Jam Cellars Chardonnay 4-250ml cans
When thinking of floral wines:
- Roscato" onclick="target='_blank';" class="text-red-800 underline"> https://www.empirewine.com/search/?q=c%3A126)-2-250ml-cans-i37624/">Roscato Moscato 2-250ml cans
For Pinot Grigio fans:
If you’re willing to try something new:
If you feel like a red with your BBQ:
- Sans" onclick="target='_blank';" class="text-red-800 underline"> https://www.empirewine.com/search/?q=c%3A33)-375ml-cans-i33700/">Sans Wine Co. Zinfandel 375ml cans
Does canned wine go bad?
Wine in a can does not go bad. The truth is that, like bag-in-box or pure everyday wines, canned wine is produced to be enjoyed young and fresh.
Is there sparkling wine in a can?
Sparkling wine in a can is one of our absolute favorite choices: crispy, fresh, and with a bit of fizz, these make the best summer drink! Check out our selection:
- Sofia Blanc de Blanc 4-187ml cans
- Bollicini Sparkling Cuvee 4-250ml cans
- Bollicini" onclick="target='_blank';" class="text-red-800 underline"> https://www.empirewine.com/search/?q=c%3A91)-4-250ml-cans-i35099/">Bollicini Sparkling Rose 4-250ml cans
- House Wine Sparkling Rose 375ml cans
- Babe 'Sparkling' Pinot Grigio 4-187ml cans
Is there Rose wine in a can?
Absolutely! The subtle aroma and freshness of Rose wines are held entirely in the can, allowing you to enjoy your favorite refreshing drink under the sun. Our favorites are:
- Dark Horse Winery Rose 375ml cans
- Cupcake Vineyards Rose 375ml cans
- Candy by JAM Cellars Dry Rose 4-250ml cans
- Underwood" onclick="target='_blank';" class="text-red-800 underline"> https://www.empirewine.com/search/?q=c%3A25)-375ml-can-i21991/">Underwood Cellars Rose Syrah 375ml cans
- Beach Juice Rose 375ml cans
Information About Can Wine
A trend that started back in 2004 with Francis Ford Coppola Winery producing Sofia Blanc de Blancs sparkling, canned wine has gradually broken down the foundation of an industry deeply rooted in traditional ways of consumption. It may have been a slow path, but in a modern context where consumers are totally used to screw caps and funny and colorful labels, wine in a can has arrived and is growing strong.
What are the benefits of canned wine?
There are a number of benefits to canned wine, which is currently enjoying increasing popularity in America.
Wine in a can lowers the carbon footprint by reducing weight and promoting more efficient recycling. Aluminum has far higher recycling rates than glass, and the carbon effect of shipping lighter containers is considerably less.
Wine in a can is easy and non-pretentious. Some consumers find joy in staying away from wine paraphernalia, and are becoming less precious about wine in general. Let's face it: wine simply doesn't have to come out of a heavy bottle with a cork and a fancy label with a chateau picture on it anymore.
Cans are lighter and easier to transport than bottles. Not only do they fit in your backpack, but also cool down faster and stay cooler for longer. Are you having a party in the park, on the beach, or by the pool and don’t have your cork opener handy? That's not an issue any longer.
Booze-conscious consumers are no longer finding themselves burdened with 'having' to drink a full bottle. Wine in a can comes in various sizes and is perfect for single servings. A 200ml can equal a bit over 1.5 glasses of wine, while 375mls contains 2.5 glasses.
If you live alone and are up for a single glass with food on a Wednesday night, or just enjoy chilling on the couch while watching Netflix with a glass in your hand, now you can do so without opening a whole bottle. If thinking of an easy weekday dinner with a friend or a significant other, you can now split a 500ml wine without getting tipsy.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.