Empire WineSM Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase from EmpireWine.com. The purchase of alcohol by persons under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited by law. By placing an order on EmpireWine.com, you are expressly warranting that you are at least 21 years of age, and that the person who will receive the order is also at least 21 years of age. We reserve the right to ask for proof of identity before processing your order.
- Any items purchased from EmpireWine.com will be delivered with an "Adult Signature Required" designation, and the third party carrier that delivers the items must verify identification upon delivery. Please note you, or someone at least 21 years or older, must be present at the time of delivery. Please consider arranging for delivery to a business location to avoid undue delay.
Returns and Cancellations:
- New York State law prohibits the return of any alcoholic beverages once they have been delivered or received. Defective merchandise can be exchanged within 30 days of receipt of order. Any return will be done at the expense of the customer. Orders refused, canceled, or otherwise requested as a return after the order is sent to a third party carrier for delivery will incur a restocking fee of 15%. Fees assessed for payment to the third party carrier are non-refundable. While we work with our wholesale partners to ensure you are purchasing wine that is of the finest quality, wine purchased that is older than 10 years cannot be guaranteed in any way.
- EmpireWine.com will NEVER give any of your information to any other party outside of EmpireWine.com. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Title of Ownership:
- By placing an order with EmpireWine.com, you assume title to the merchandise upon tendering full payment. All items must be paid for in full prior to arrangements for delivery. Empire Wine's performance obligation under the purchase agreement for the sale of wine is complete upon tender of the merchandise to a third party carrier for transportation and delivery.
- Within the United States, many states have laws regulating the shipment of wine into their jurisdiction and may limit the amount of wine that can enter the state without permits or licenses. By placing an order with EmpireWine.com, you are expressly representing and warranting that you have reviewed any pertinent local and state laws before purchasing wine on this website and that your purchase complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Empire Wine makes no representation to the legality of shipping to any state outside of New York and does not assume any responsibility for obtaining any necessary licenses or permits. If you have questions regarding any applicable permits held by Empire Wine, please contact us.
- Empire Wine does not, itself, provide shipping services. If you wish to have your purchase shipped, Empire Wine will contact a third party common carrier to ship on your behalf. Unfortunately, common carriers will not deliver alcohol to all states - those states have been removed from our shipping options at checkout. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- By arranging for transportation of alcoholic beverages by a third party carrier, Empire Wine is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of, you, as the purchaser and title holder of the products purchased. By asking Empire Wine to arrange for transportation and delivery on your behalf, you expressly represent and warrant that you are acting in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of alcoholic beverages. You further represent and warrant that you have obtained any required permission, paid any required fees, are working through properly licensed intermediates where required, are legally entitled to take possession of the alcoholic beverages, are legally entitled to take the quantities ordered, will comply with any applicable tax laws, and that you and the person accepting delivery of the alcoholic beverages are at least 21 years of age.
- All shipping costs, including insurance, assessed by the third party carrier are to be paid by you, the purchaser. An insurance fee may be placed on transportation arrangements for rare or expensive items. Empire Wine provides transportation coordination as a complimentary service and does not profit from any delivery arrangements we make for you. Empire Wine makes no warranties or guarantees regarding the transportation or delivery by the third party common carrier.
- Common carriers cannot deliver alcoholic beverages to a PO, APO, or FPO box.
- If one or more items are not available for shipment, we will notify you to offer substitutions or make other arrangements.
- Empire Wine suggests that you refrain from requesting shipment during extremely hot or cold weather. Empire Wine does not guarantee that third party carriers have temperature-controlled warehouses. If you must request shipping during extreme weather conditions, we encourage you to place your order at the beginning of the week using a speedier service than ground to avoid weekend layovers in a carrier's warehouse. Empire Wine reserves the right to delay releasing your merchandise to the third party carrier for shipment in order to ensure that the product you receive is of the highest quality possible.
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Shipping times do not include Saturday and Sunday. Most orders leave our store within 1-2 business days. Many orders placed early in the day are sent to the third party carrier for delivery the same day. Empire Wine does not guarantee any estimated shipping time. For more precise information, please contact the third party carrier who is contracted to deliver your merchandise.
- Overnight, 2nd Day, & 3 Day Air services are available at an additional cost, as assessed by the third party carrier. Processing time is not included in these delivery times. If special delivery dates or immediate shipment is required, please contact us at (518) 694-8503.
- Most orders are delivered within 7 business days of purchase, depending on the destination.
EmpireWine.com Product Review Guidelines:
- We invite customer participation and product feedback through our review program. We appreciate your engagement but must limit the scope of the reviews to your personal evaluation of the selected wine, spirit, or cider. Empire Wine reserves the right to remove any reviews that contain obscene, profane or spiteful comments. As well, reviews should remain on the topic of the product itself, not your experience with the service or comments about our listings. Reviews not following these guidelines will be removed. Please use our contact form to provide feedback about any other aspect of your experience with Empire Wine.