"The 2010 Brunello di Montalcino is an irresistible wine that demonstrates just how far the Agostina Pieri brand has evolved over the past decade. This may be the best Brunello ever released by this boutique estate in the Piancornello subzone of the appellation. Most notable and compelling is the seamless integration of flavor and texture that is not easily achieved with the finicky Sangiovese grape. The wine opens to a dark ruby hue ... read more
"The 2010 Brunello di Montalcino is an irresistible wine that demonstrates just how far the Agostina Pieri brand has evolved over the past decade. This may be the best Brunello ever released by this boutique estate in the Piancornello subzone of the appellation. Most notable and compelling is the seamless integration of flavor and texture that is not easily achieved with the finicky Sangiovese grape. The wine opens to a dark ruby hue with aromas of dried cherry, cassis, blue flower, ginger and balsam herb. You get lingering mineral tones that create a sense of focus and sharpness. I tasted the wine very young, but am confident of the aging potential of this timeless Brunello. It should be a delight to revisit in ten years."~Monica Larner
"When Francesco Monaci established this winery, he had no idea of the frenzy his wines would inspire. In only a handful of vintages, his Brunello and Rosso have become some of Montalcino’s most sought-after wines. A nephew of Consorzio President, and famed producer, Giancarlo Pacenti, Francesco had long dreamed of making great wines in the Montalcino area, but was not able to find the perfect vineyard until 1991. The steep Sangiovese vineyard that he finally found, in Castelnuovo dell’Abate, offered the potential to realize his goal.
The seven-hectare vineyard he found is perfectly situated, with a full southern exposure. This allows for incredible ripeness even in the old, low-vigor Sangiovese clones he favors. Grapes are harvested by hand and then strictly sorted to eliminate sub-standard fruit. The fermentation takes 25-30 days in vat and stainless steel before racking into large Slovenian oak casks and smaller French oak barriques. Only the finest lots are selected for Brunello.
This is one domain that takes great pride in its Rosso, treating it much like the Brunello. Pieri is the only producer ever to earn Gambero Rosso’s prestigious Tre Bicchieri score for a “mere” Rosso di Montalcino. That wine, the 1995, caused a sensation with its amazing concentration and persistence— it easily outpaced most Brunellos and set a new benchmark for the appellation.
And, always looking to push his wines further, Francesco began collaborating with Fabrizio Moltard in the 2002 vintage. Together, they aim to enhance the expressive sense of place that a unique vineyard, and unique appellation, can produce."~Distributor Notes
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.