VINIFICATION AND MATURING
The harvest of our Chateau de Rully village parcels took placed between the 26th of August and the 6th of September. The grapes were pressed in a pneumatic press to squeeze out their juice. This juice was left to settle at cold temperatures between 16 and 24 hours maximum in order to remove impurities. The alcoholic fermentation took place in vats to allow for a better control of temperatures, key element in ... read more
VINIFICATION AND MATURING
The harvest of our Chateau de Rully village parcels took placed between the 26th of August and the 6th of September. The grapes were pressed in a pneumatic press to squeeze out their juice. This juice was left to settle at cold temperatures between 16 and 24 hours maximum in order to remove impurities. The alcoholic fermentation took place in vats to allow for a better control of temperatures, key element in our search for pure color and bright aromas. Then, just before the fermentation ended, the wine was casked into oak barrels (including 20% new oak) to age on its lees for 9 months with occasional stirring (about twice a month).
Colour: golden yellow.
Nose: fruity aromas (apricot) with discreet and delicate woody notes.
Palate: a very fruity wine, well-balanced with a nice aromatic persistence.
WINE AND FOOD PAIRING
This wine will be perfect paired with charcuterie platters (ham or pts) or sea food (scallop-shells, salmon). It can also be drunk with hot first courses, such as quiches and pies, or with dry cheeses (goats cheese for instance).
4 to 5 years.
Serve ideally between 12 and 14 C / 54 and 57F
VINTAGE : 2018
It is quite hardly to sum up the vintage 2018 in a few words! Winter, grey and humid was followed by a capricious spring, subject to frosts and alternating times of sunshine and storms on an almost daily basis from May to the mid-June, making this period particularly stressful for our people in the vineyards. Then came an incredible time of nice weather, hot, very hot and even heatwave periods until the end of October!
Another particular vintage which looks like no other! As rainfalls episodes were particularly localized, we had to deal with very different degree of ripeness from a plot to another, depending of the water volume received by each vineyard. In 2018, as in other French wine region, quality and quantity were very satisfactory on our whole vineyard and were are very pleased with the quality of the vinified juices currently ageing in 228 L. Burgundian barrels in our cellars.
Harvest took place on our vineyards between the end of August (27th) and the 18th of September under a hot and persistent autumn sun. Even if the weather was very nice, the harvest period was very long and demanding in the vineyards as well as in the winery, due to the particularly different stages of ripeness. This is, without doubt, what one will retain from this harvest: so different ripeness degrees and so very different harvesting time from a village to another and even from a parcel to another in the same vineyard! White wines were mostly harvested first in order to keep a nice acidity on this particularly solar vintage.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.