"I believe the inherent elegance and balance of the vineyard helped to make the 2018 Garnacha de Via Bonita feel more harmonious after the incipient bottling compared to the rest of the single vineyards from 2018. The palate reveals very fine-grained tannins, focused and pure flavors and a long, lingering finish. This reminds me of the 2016, a more complete version of it, with the stuffing for a long life in bottle. I ... read more
"I believe the inherent elegance and balance of the vineyard helped to make the 2018 Garnacha de Via Bonita feel more harmonious after the incipient bottling compared to the rest of the single vineyards from 2018. The palate reveals very fine-grained tannins, focused and pure flavors and a long, lingering finish. This reminds me of the 2016, a more complete version of it, with the stuffing for a long life in bottle. I think this should be phenomenal with a couple of years of bottle aging. 2,000 bottles were filled in February 2020."~Luis Gutierrez
The first thing worth mentioning about Bernabeleva is that this estate is practicing organic and biodynamic. They ferment their wines in large, upright old wood fermentors with long macerations and use indigenous yeasts. Their vineyards are comprised of sandy soils (decomposed granite), at elevations of 550 to over 1,000 meters. Many of their vines are over 80 years old, with a minimum vine age of 30 years. The location of their vineyards and their altitude result in wide diurnal temperature shifts, allowing for ripeness with great balance. The winemaker is a Catalan man named Marc Isart Pinos who is passionately focused on transforming the project to 100% biodynamics. Their wine rarely leaves the Madrid area, typically disappearing immediately into the city's numerous wine bars, restaurants, and of course, people's homes. Given the mere pittance of 3,300 total cases produced of Camino de Navaherreros (and a much smaller US allocation), we are truly lucky to receive this rare gem!"
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.