Bisol Cartizze Brut Prosecco Superiore 2016
sample imgsample image only

This is a bubbly wine imageBisol Cartizze Brut Prosecco Superiore 2016

 
Item Sold Out
While this item isn't currently available:
Wine Enthusiast 91
“Enticing scents of wild spring flowers and ripe orchard fruits take center stage on this fragrant sparkler. It’s loaded with finesse, boasting creamy apple, ripe white peach and yellow pear alongside a silky mousse, all lifted by fresh acidity.” Kerin O'Keefe, December 1, 2017

Region - Valdobbiadene Superiore di Cartizze D.O.C.G.

Location - On the slopes of Cartizze, where this particular microclimate allows the grapes to ripen in vineyards for a longer ... read more
This is a bubbly wine
Item ID: #31588
Size: 750mL (bubbly)
Closure: Cork

Other Similar Items

Info

Item Description

Wine Enthusiast 91
“Enticing scents of wild spring flowers and ripe orchard fruits take center stage on this fragrant sparkler. It’s loaded with finesse, boasting creamy apple, ripe white peach and yellow pear alongside a silky mousse, all lifted by fresh acidity.” Kerin O'Keefe, December 1, 2017

Region - Valdobbiadene Superiore di Cartizze D.O.C.G.

Location - On the slopes of Cartizze, where this particular microclimate allows the grapes to ripen in vineyards for a longer period.

Soil - Clay, moraine, marl and calcareous soil.

Elevation - 300 meters (984 feet)

Exposure - South

Training - Autochthonous method called “cappuccina” (typical from Valdobbiadene)

HARVEST NOTES
Harvest Dates - End of September to mid-October

VINIFICATION
Fermentation - Inox tanks for 10-18 days at 16˚C (61˚F)

Second Fermentation - Charmat-Martinotti in stainless steel tanks for (15-20 days at 16˚C/ 61˚F)

TASTING NOTES
Appearance - Light straw yellow, with a subtle but persistent and lively perlage.

Bouquet - Scents of meadow flowers, elegant and pleasantly fruity with notes of apple, pear and peach.

Flavor - Full, sapid , balanced easy drinking, with a contained graciousness and accompanied by an intense and elegant fruitiness.

Serve at a temperature of 8˚C (46˚F) in a large crystal goblet. This great sparkling wine is best appreciated outside meals, when it offers the palate its noble and infinitely faceted personality. It makes an excellent accompaniment for dry pastries and refined desserts like strawberry mousse.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Varietal Composition - 85% Glera. Remaining 15%: Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco

Cases Produced - 3,300 (6/750)

Alcohol - 11.5%

TA - 5.8 g/L

pH - 3.26

RS - 24 g/L

Bisol Desiderio

View all from Bisol Desiderio
Bisol DesiderioThe rich history of Bisol dates back to 1542, when the Bisol family first began cultivating grapes. Today, Gianluca Bisol has assumed the role of president and CEO while his brother, Desiderio, holds the position of chief enologist and technical director. With 500 years of winemaking tradition, Bisol produces a range of organically farmed and internationally recognized Valdobbiadene Superiore DOCG crus. Bisol's second selection of wines, Jeio, is sourced from specific plots located on the steep slopes in the appellation and is dedicated to the patriarch of the family, Desiderio Bisol, who was known to his wife by that name. "The power of Prosecco lies in its capacity to become, not a status symbol, but a lifestyle symbol: in fact, our Prosecco is fine, modern, versatile and sustainable," says Gianluca. "Our partnership with Wilson Daniels will ensure that this Italian style of living is conveyed to the US market." The Bisol family cultivates more than 20 vineyards located in the best-suited areas for wine production, including the renowned Cartizze hill. A superior focus on promoting vine health through environmentally sustainable techniques is at the forefront of Bisol's viticulture methodology. In the cellar, vinification is completed so as to maintain the different expressions of the unique sites and soils. "Chartice" -- today's prestigious Cartizze hill -- is considered to be of the highest quality, or even the grand cru of Prosecco. The Cartizze zone is a single commune and the Bisol family has taken advantage of the rich soils, slopes and vineyard exposure -- known as "terra" -- to capture the soul and spirit of Prosecco. The terra is directly responsible for the quality in Bisol's superior DOCG cru wines.

Questions

No questions posted yet about this item.

Reviews

Be the first to reivew this item!
Scroll to the top of this page