Cartizze refers to a hilltop area in Valdobbiadene above 1,000 ft characterized by rocky terrain that winds along the crest of the steep hillside. Benefiting from firm rock and crumbly stone, complete sunlight exposure and continuous ventilation, this microclimate is an area of rare value. In Cartizze, Glera ripens at a slower rate and, consequently, enjoys a richer, more harmonious acidity. The 260 acres of Cartizze are owned by 140 growers. ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
Cartizze refers to a hilltop area in Valdobbiadene above 1,000 ft characterized by rocky terrain that winds along the crest of the steep hillside. Benefiting from firm rock and crumbly stone, complete sunlight exposure and continuous ventilation, this microclimate is an area of rare value. In Cartizze, Glera ripens at a slower rate and, consequently, enjoys a richer, more harmonious acidity. The 260 acres of Cartizze are owned by 140 growers. Bisol’s flagship holding is 7 acres and it is considered to be of the highest quality, or even the “Grand Cru” of Prosecco.
GRAPE VARIETY At least 85% Glera.
HARVEST NOTES From a climatic point of view, 2020 was characterized by a winter that recorded temperatures in line with those of the period, followed by a sunny and dry spring, and then by a mild summer with periodical rainfall. The vine’s phenological phases therefore progressed regularly. The vines presented healthy bunches that have not been negatively affected by excessive sun exposure or periods of dehydration. The temperature range that characterized the summer weeks has resulted in good levels of acidity, essential for obtaining sparkling wines with the right notes in terms of freshness. The 2020 harvest will probably be defined by accentuated peculiarities in taste that differ between the two extremes – the northwest and southeast of the
appellation – a phenomenon that typically occurs in less hot years.
COLOR Straw yellow with a fine, lively and persistent perlage.
BOUQUET Elegant with scents of wildflowers, pleasantly fruity with notes of apples, pears and peaches.
FLAVOR Savory, full and balanced; its sweetness is contained and accompanied by an intense and elegant fruitiness.
EXPOSITION OF THE VINEYARD: South
AVERAGE VINEYARD HEIGHT: 300 meters a.s.l.
TRAINING SYSTEM: Typical Valdobbiadenese pruning, attributable to the double curtain system.
GRAPE HARVESTING PERIOD: Early October; hand-harvested.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 11.5% by vol.
SUGAR CONTENT: 25 grams per liter
OVERALL ACIDITY: 5.6 grams per lite
- 2021 — 750mL (bubbly)(available to order)
- 2020 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (bubbly)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.