Colomes Estate Malbec is annually one of Argentinas better values. The 2009 Estate Malbec (85%) contains small amounts of Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Syrah in its blend. It spent 15 months in barrel, 30% new American, the balance second-use French with the fruit sourced from some of the worlds most elevated vineyards. It is purple in color with a captivating nose of cedar, Asian spices, incense, violets, black licorice, espresso, and assorted back ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
Colomes Estate Malbec is annually one of Argentinas better values. The 2009 Estate Malbec (85%) contains small amounts of Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Syrah in its blend. It spent 15 months in barrel, 30% new American, the balance second-use French with the fruit sourced from some of the worlds most elevated vineyards. It is purple in color with a captivating nose of cedar, Asian spices, incense, violets, black licorice, espresso, and assorted back fruits. Made in a racy style with uplifting acidity, it is a beautifully proportioned offering with exceptional elegance and length. Give it several more years of cellaring and drink this fantastic value to 2024.
Wine Spectator 90
"Offers good density to the blueberry, raspberry and blackberry coulis flavors that are backed by vibrant acidity. Floral and mineral notes play out on the long, tangy finish. Drink now through 2014. 8,000 cases imported."~JM
International Wine Cellar 90
" Bright medium ruby. Pure, precise aromas of blackberry, violet and pepper, lifted by a minty quality. Suave and sweet, with penetrating acids framing the very primary flavors of black fruits and violet. The energy of this very sexy high-altitude wine belies its 15% alcohol. Finishes with excellent subtle length."
" The color is deep, dark red with a magenta hue. This wine is layered on the nose with blackberry, licorice, violet, biter chocolate and spices. The flavors are rich with layered fig paste, plums, cassis and blackberry fruit. Subtle French oak flavors are well balanced and fully integrated through the mid-palate and well into the fnish, which is long and round." ~ Winery notes
The winery itself is in an amazing location. The wines are fantastic and their Torrentes is one of the best we tried in Argentina. We had a lovely lunch and then the tasting and James Turrell Museum - an absolute must do.
The tasting is the only thing that has stopped me from giving Colome top marks. I am a wine tourist and the tasting is on the lean side. People who drive here are not your average wine drinker so to have a high price tag to taste a few wines after such a long trip was a bit unexpected. Most people will buy the wine, but not if you don't let them taste it or charge a very high tasting fee. There are many other equally good producers who are a bit more generous so this is possibly something to work on for Colome.
Overall however, I am more than pleased I came here - it was an overall adventure and experience, both getting there and experiencing the facilities.
The gem in the middle of no where.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2009 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.