The Boschis family has been specialized in producing it since the 1960s and are true experts, ... read more
The Boschis family has been specialized in producing it since the 1960s and are true experts, bringing us a unique Dolcetto featuring red tending to black fruits, with a luscious vinous quality and velvety finish in a charming package. Goes great with black-pepper seasoned dishes!
1250 cases produced annually. " ~ Winery notes
" A winery with a vocation for Dolcetto...What sets the wines from this lovely farm estate apart is their consistency, and on occasion rusticity, with intense, vigorously flavoursome fruit" - Gambero Rosso Italian Wines 2010
" In the little-visited township of Dogliani (located a few kilometers south of Barolo), Dolcetto is king. Nebbiolo is not suited to the terrain, and few choose the challenge of making a living from Dolcetto and Barbera alone. The Boschis family has been producing wine on their family property since 1919. Plantings are at 550 meters, about 200-300 meters higher than those in Barolo and Barbaresco, resulting in a powerfully enhanced bouquet; old vines (40-60 years) result in richly complex and ageworthy wines. The Dolcetto “Pianezzo” is a blend from different plots; a young, fresh and classic expression of Dogliani. There are two exceptional single-vineyard plantings: the “Sorí San Martino”, an elegant, well-balanced wine from 50-year-old vines planted on chalky southeast-facing vineyards below the small church of San Martino; and the full-bodied and rich “Vigna dei Prey”, from the 60-year-old vines of a southwest-facing vineyard with clayey soils (“about as great a Dolcetto as one could wish. 91 pts.” (Parker on the 1998.)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.