The grapes are handpicked for this classic wine from parcels in the northeastern area of the Andriano vineyards. This area is known for producing Sauvignon Blanc with wonderful acidity and fresh aromas because of the ... read more
The grapes are handpicked for this classic wine from parcels in the northeastern area of the Andriano vineyards. This area is known for producing Sauvignon Blanc with wonderful acidity and fresh aromas because of the cooler climate and longer growing season. The grapes are vinified in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature and then the wine matures on the lees for 6 months before bottling.
Cantina Andriano was founded in 1893 and lays claim to being one of the first wine-producing cooperatives in the region of Alto Adige. In September 2008, Cantina Andriano was absorbed into the cooperative of Cantina Terlano, a move to unify these two entities that are both located in the same small DOC of Terlano. The Andriano wines, however, are kept completely separate, as they have their own distinct traits, terroir, and history. The staff of Terlano manage the vineyards, vinification procedures, and the sales of Andriano wines and as a result Andriano has adopted the same philosophy of Terlano: high-quality, terroir-driven wines.
Andriano's vineyards are unique to the area because they are protected to the west by Mount Gantkofel, which is made of dolomite rock and calcareous stone. The sedimentary rock from this peak has eroded over the years and gradually settled, forming a downward sloping hill of deposited soil at the base of this valley. This sedimentary soil deposit expands like a fan from the mouth of the valley over an area of 200º from South-Southeast to Northeast and at an altitude of 260-340m above sea level. The fertile calcareous clay soil is typical of the area and leaves its footprint in the wine's character. As well, cooler climate conditions and high altitude are responsible for the crisp acidity in the wines that give them their unique complexity and freshness.
Cantina Andriano produces two categories of wines: the Classics line, which features wines that are vinified and aged in stainless steel and the Selections line with reds that are aged in small oak barrels and whites that spend more time with lees contact. Andriano wines are elegant and food friendly with good aging potential and wide appeal.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.