Established in the early 1970s in Bolognano, located in the heart of Abruzzo at the base of Gran Sasso the highest mountain in the Apienne range, Marcello Zaccagninis philosophy has always been tied to the land. The estates vineyards are organically farmed, but not ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
Established in the early 1970s in Bolognano, located in the heart of Abruzzo at the base of Gran Sasso the highest mountain in the Apienne range, Marcello Zaccagninis philosophy has always been tied to the land. The estates vineyards are organically farmed, but not certified, as they occasionally have to purchase fruit from other growers due to weather conditions and/or increased demand, and cannot guarantee that those grapes are farmed organically.
Their slogan, Wine, art of man, comes from their work with the world renowned naturalist artist, Josef Beuys - an early proponent of sustainability - and his work on Defense of Nature. The tralcetto (stick) is an actual grapevine cutting from the vineyards that is cut and tied by hand onto each bottle, representing the connection between the wine and the land. Zaccagninis mission is to invest in and promote the culture of the people, environment and wine-making processes that represent the values of Abruzzo, as well as making the winery a cultural hub for artists, musicians, scholars and wine enthusiasts. Marcello has accumulated a world class art and sculpture collection that is on public display in the winery, as well as in the vineyards, and supports many art festivals throughout the year.-Winery Notes
than 30 years later, Zaccagnini's production capability has grown to 500,000 cases of premium wine a year.
'Total Quality' is the fundamental element in keeping Zaccagnini successful. Zaccagnini states, "We want to satisfy our customers because
ultimately, they are the ones that guarantee the development and progress of our company." The quality and excellence of Zaccagnini wines
is attributed to an extremely talented winemaker by the name of Concezio Marulli. He applies a total quality control system to every step of the winemaking process, as well as using the most modern production techniques. Additionally, Marulli is constantly researching new vine clones and fermentation techniques in Zaccagnini's state of the art, on- premises laboratory.
Zaccagnini's hard work and dedication pays off at the end of the day. Their wines are accepted and praised in the world market. Even Wine Spectator Magazine awarded them with the highest point rating ever given to a Montepulciano; 94 points to their 1997 San Clemente Montepulciano. Most Recently, Robert Parker, of the Wine Advocate, gave the 2007 vintage of the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva 90 points!
- 2022 — 750mL (wine)(available to order)
- 2021 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.