NoTrix is a wine made with the grape Perricone, a red grape variety introduced to ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
NoTrix is a wine made with the grape Perricone, a red grape variety introduced to Sicily by the Greeks about 8th century B.C. At the beginning of the 21 century, the final extinction of the Perricone seemed inevitable: the area covered with Perricone was only about 192 hectares, representing only a mere 0.30% of the vineyards cultivated in Sicily. Recently, a small number of vintners started to take care of old vineyards and to experiment with more modern winemaking techniques, while paying a great respect to the traditional heritage embodied by this fascinating grape variety.
Marilena Barbera's commitment is to defend the existence of Perricone, to protect and respect the terroirs that give birth to this amazing variety, and to produce only high quality wines that represent the true identity of her home land.
NoTrix is a medium-bodied and very easy drinking red wine. It has a lively ruby color, with violet shades. To the nose, a playful bouquet of red berries and geranium flowers meets intense scents of fine herbs and sweet spices. It has firm but smooth tannins that enrich a medium-bodied palate, with notes of star anise and ginger that stand out against a persistent saline background.
This is the way Perricone is, and this is how Marilena likes this wine to be: no tricks and no frills, far from winemaking models that do not belong to Menfis wine tradition.
NoTrix pairs well with red meats, pasta dishes and cheeses. It is also an interesting companion to spicy fish soups and grilled tuna fish. Its delicate and direct palate can complement prosciutto crudo, fresh salami, and medium aged cheeses.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.