The 2021 Catarratto is at first restrained, yet a bit of coaxing reveals depths of fleshly sliced peaches and sweet melon that are nicely contrasted by hints of gingery spice. It's much more expressive on the palate, with a burst of inner sweetness and silky textures that engulf the senses with ripe orchard fruits, just as brisk acids cut through, adding verve. While incredibly fresh and crisp, notes of gingery spice and Granny ... read more
The 2021 Catarratto is at first restrained, yet a bit of coaxing reveals depths of fleshly sliced peaches and sweet melon that are nicely contrasted by hints of gingery spice. It's much more expressive on the palate, with a burst of inner sweetness and silky textures that engulf the senses with ripe orchard fruits, just as brisk acids cut through, adding verve. While incredibly fresh and crisp, notes of gingery spice and Granny Smith apple linger incredibly long. This is such a pleasure to taste and a perfect pairing for the hot summer days ahead.
"Fresh and clean. Elegant and balanced fragrance that ends in a mineral and long finish." ~ winemaker's note.
"VINIFICATION: Cryomaceration of the destemmed grapes in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature of 4C for 12-24 hours. Soft pressing of the grapes, static clearing of the must and fermentation at controlled temperature of 16-18C for 20 days. AGEING: Sur-lees in tank. 2 months in the bottle follow." ~ winery notes
The winery now boasts 120 hectares at 200-400 meters above sea level, including 5 hectares that are farmed organically and dedicated to Giovanna Caruso's BIO project. Located 20 kilometers from the sea, the area is cooled by strong winds, yet is far enough from them to avoid any potential damage. The area, which was under water millions of years ago, is characterized by its alluvial soil, rich in water and organic substances. Most notable are the large stones called cuti in local dialect. The softball-sized cuti not only impart a distinct minerality on the grapes grown in them, but also soak up heat from the sun which they transfer to the vines, allowing for an earlier ripening of the grapes thus making harvest possible at a stage which will allow for higher acidity in the wines.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.