Casa Santos Lima was created to ensure the continuous development of Santos Lima's wine producing activity first established several generations ago. This activity was first started by Joaquim Santos Lima, who, by the turn of 19th century, was already a great producer and exporter of Portuguese wines. Maria João Santos Lima and José Luís Santos Lima Oliveira da Silva, granddaughter and great grandson of the founder, relaunched Casa Santos Lima in 1990, replanting most of the vines, improving agricultural techniques and modernizing all its productive structure.
Within its activity of producing and bottling quality wines, the company soon developed a Multi-Brand Strategy, focusing on products with an excellent price – quality ratio.
Since 1996, Casa Santos Lima, started bottling its own brands – Quinta da Espiga, Quinta das Setencostas, Palha–Canas and some varietal wines – which immediately achieved great success both in national and international markets. Nowadays, around 90% of its production is exported to almost 50 countries in the 5 continents. This great export vocation relies mainly in the excellent price – quality ratio which is part of the company corporate vision and attitude. This has been consistently confirmed by numerous awards granted and frequent press references by the specialized press with several "Best Buy".
In recent years, the company has developed an expansion plan to other regions such as the Douro, Vinhos Verdes, Alentejo and the Algarve with acquisitions of new properties and societies or partnerships with local producers. Casa Santos Lima now has an even wider, richer and diversified wine portfolio ready to meet the market's demand.
Most of Casa Santos Lima's vineyards are located in Alenquer, 45km north of Lisbon, in a region where wine production is centuries old and typical rural landscapes appears with enormous beauty. The vineyards are planted in gentle slopes with altitudes between 100 and 220 meters benefiting from an excellent sun exposition and a climate slightly tempered by the nearby Atlantic Ocean, 25 km away from the property. This is one of the richest wine regions due to the diversity of grape varieties, type of soils and climate.
The fresh summer nights and gentle winters are a key factor for the production of quality grapes. The maritime influence contributes for the production of wines with a nice acidity, a very typical characteristic from this region. The soils are mainly clay and limestone, from the Superior Jurassic period and show numerous examples of maritime fossils, as well as vestiges of dinosaurs (Apatosaurus alenquerensis).
Also in this region, another wine producing company, the "Sociedade Agrícola Quinta do Conde S.A" (www.saquintadoconde.com) is under the company's management.
- 750mL (wine) size — 2021(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.