Chanson is a true mid-size Domaine. Unlike many of their competitors, their wines are produced using the grower model rather than the négociant model. They have extensive holdings of over 111 acres of exclusively Premier and Grand Cru vineyards in the heart of Burgundy. This includes 62 acres of Premier Cru vineyards in the Côte de Beaune, which is why Chanson is rightly considered as one of the leading Premier Cru specialists in the appellation. They produce approximately 17,000 cases of domaine wine per year. To compliment the estate holdings, they work with exceptional growers and vineyards and have extremely strict requirements for working with these contracted growers. For example, both the estate holdings and contracted grower vineyards are 100% hand harvested by the Chanson team to tightly control picking time and grape selection.
Chanson is obsessed with maintaining a consistent quality level across the entire range. The regional and village wines are produced with the same precision and care as the Premier and Grand Crus. The wines have a seductive and distinctive style due to the rigorous approach to viticulture and vinification. Firstly, they vinify all whites and reds 100% whole cluster to extract a deeper color, structure, and aromatic complexity. You can count on one hand the estates dedicated to whole cluster vinification in this manner. Secondly, they use Champagne-style fractional pressing to gently extract the purest juice. Thirdly, they use oak conservatively with no more than 30% for the reds and 20% for the whites. The results are wines with a supple texture, rich fruit characteristics, and lifted aromas.
After the French Revolution, Domaine Chanson acquired the Bastion, 1 of 5 spectacular defense towers from the 15th century that encircle the heart of medieval Beaune. The four levels of the Bastion house barrels where the wines are aged. It's the ideal place to age wines because the thickness of its walls (an astonishing 8 meters thick at the base) ensure a constant temperature and level of humidity. The red wines are stored for 18-24 months in oak barrels in the vaulted cellars of the first 3 levels, each one dedicated to a separate vintage. On the 4th level, a huge circular cellar with a gigantic radial structure supported by chestnut beams shelters the white wines during fermentation, vinification and ageing in oak barrels.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.