My Account
 
19%
OFF
Chateau Larose-Trintaudon Haut-Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2015
sample imgsample image only

Chateau Larose-Trintaudon Haut-Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2015

$23.47$18.95
 
James Suckling 90
Some gentle earthy and leafy aromas around redder fruits with nicely played oak spices. The palate has a strong core of linear tannins, which remain plush at the edges and smoothly groomed.
Item ID: #32263
Shelf at store57c
Size: 750mL (wine)
Closure: Cork

Other Similar Items

Info

Item Description

James Suckling 90
Some gentle earthy and leafy aromas around redder fruits with nicely played oak spices. The palate has a strong core of linear tannins, which remain plush at the edges and smoothly groomed.

Chateau Larose Trintaudon

View all from Chateau Larose Trintaudon
HISTORY
Chateau Larose Trintaudon > History
Share this page


CREATION IN 1719
The origins of the domain go back to 1719, but it was in 1838 that a certain Henry Delaroze, mayor of Saint-Laurent, created a vineyard on the parcel known as the "tènement de Trintaudon", a magnificent gravelly hillside up to then uncultivated.

The property is mentioned under the name of " Trentaudon " in the first edition of « Bordeaux and its Wines" published by Féret (1850)/ In the second edition of Féret (1868), it is classed as a cru bourgeois, then in the third edition (1874), as a cru bourgeois supérieur.

In 1870, Comte Ernest de Lahens presided over this domain of 345 ha and commissioned the building of château Trintaudon, capped with its distinctive tower dominating the landscape like a lighthouse in an ocean of vines.

DECLINE AND RENAISSANCE
Prosperity, passage through the hands of several owners, then the ravages of phylloxera and mildew took their toll on the viticultural vocation of the property.

In 1923, Comte Tchernoff, a white Russian migrant, delivered the fatal blow to the domain. He spent 7 million francs in an attempt to become a pioneer of industrial dairy farming, but in pulling up the greater part of the vines he ruined both the domain and himself.

In 1963, after having been owned by a great Spanish general Duke Del Infantado, the domain Trintaudon was bought in a state of semi-abandon by the Forner family, who were already proprietors of Château Camensac and Marques de Caceres in the Rioja wine region of Spain. 175 hectares of the best grape varieties were planted on the scientific advice of an eminent wine and vineyard specialist, Professor Émile Peynaud.

IN THE PORTFOLIO OF AGF-ALLIANZ
In 1986, the insurance company Allianz bought the domain, now one of the largest vineyards in the Medoc both in terms of size and production, based on the great potential of its 'terroir' It has since built up a fine reputation and is now considered one of the very best Crus Bourgeois.

Questions

No questions posted yet about this item.

Reviews

Be the first to reivew this item!