OFF Sample Image Only
Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua, an alumnus of Bordeauxs legendary Chteau ... read more
Winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua, an alumnus of Bordeauxs legendary Chteau Haut-Brion and a previous International Wine Challenge White Wine of the Year trophy winner, is famously quality-obsessed. He works his magic at Le Chai au Quai, the acclaimed boutique on the banks of the Dordogne river that Decanter magazine has hailed as a fabulous venture.
To source the fruit for this premium white, he headed just over the river from Le Chai to Ludovic Roussillons Chteau Le Coin, where the low-yielding old vines help produce extra-concentrated flavors. A portion of the estate-grown fruit was barrel-fermented at Le Chai, for a little extra richness.
In the glass, look for vibrant lime and gooseberry aromas, leading to grassy citrus and passion fruit flavors. Decanter judges hailed its "attractive nose of well-defined rhubarb and pear aromas. On the palate it shows a fresh and lively acidity." Indeed, theres a lovely freshness that makes this a fine choice for sipping solo. Or, pair it with classic French faretry a tarte au saumon fum (smoked salmon tart), roasted chicken with tarragon herb jus and more.
Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition
Berliner Wine Trophy
- 2021 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.