OFF Sample Image Only
"Robert Eden selects this from the same rocky, limestone-strewn vineyard as he does La Touge (also recommended here) and vinifies it entirely in cement, but he bottles it earlier. As such, it feels richer and more floral than the 2019 La Touge, with a youthful exuberance that makes it especially charming. And yet, its still balanced, with a sense of cool, breezy acidity that makes it feel light and expansive despite its ... read more
"Robert Eden selects this from the same rocky, limestone-strewn vineyard as he does La Touge (also recommended here) and vinifies it entirely in cement, but he bottles it earlier. As such, it feels richer and more floral than the 2019 La Touge, with a youthful exuberance that makes it especially charming. And yet, its still balanced, with a sense of cool, breezy acidity that makes it feel light and expansive despite its significant concentration."
Syrah & Grenache
When the vineyard was purchased in Languedoc, the initial yields were lower than expected. The soil was dead, due to the previous farmer's overuse of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, so we looked at ways of rejuvenating it, using compost. Biodynamic preparations were added to one organic compost pile and another was left alone. After a while the biodynamic pile container far more living organisms so the decision was then made.
It was a business decision since the vines are now healthier and grow longer – and the quality of grapes is better. The entire estate is certified by both Demeter and Biodyvin. The fertilizer is compost made from local cow and sheep manure plus some horse manure. Yields are 32 Hl/Ha on average and the entire estate is hand harvested. Chateau Maris is now a 79 acres Biodynamic and Organic Estate (certified by Demeter since 2008, Biodyvins since 2004, Ecocert since 2002 and NOP) divided into a multitude of small vineyards on the hillside above the village of La Livinière, the first Cru Classe of the Minervois, in the Languedoc region.
When you purchase any Château Maris wine, you are really getting great tasting wines that are produced and brought to you with minimal environmental impact, at the best price possible in the most ethical way possible. Better for the Earth, Better for the Wine, Better for You.
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.