“Despite being a lower priced bottle from younger vines than Henri's flagship Sauvignon, this is a delicious and complete drop. Pale gold in hue, it offers layers of aroma and flavor, from lime leaf, pineapple rind, grapefruit, oyster shell, white spice and crushed stones. The play between crunchy acidity and chalky texture, combined with pithy fruit, is hard to resist. A tasty tipple now, it could gain some honeyed complexity with ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
- view all
“Despite being a lower priced bottle from younger vines than Henri's flagship Sauvignon, this is a delicious and complete drop. Pale gold in hue, it offers layers of aroma and flavor, from lime leaf, pineapple rind, grapefruit, oyster shell, white spice and crushed stones. The play between crunchy acidity and chalky texture, combined with pithy fruit, is hard to resist. A tasty tipple now, it could gain some honeyed complexity with another few years in the bottle.”
Petit Clos, translated from French to mean 'small enclosed vineyard', captures the vibrancy of our estate. Petit Clos wines come from our younger vines, from a mixture of soil types.
Chalky and flinty mineral notes are followed by citrus, capsicum and pretty white flower aromas. This wine has good balance, a very nice acid presence and a smooth finish. It is tangy, round, soft, super fruity and easy to drink.
Climate: Dry maritime with warm sunny days and cool nights
Annual sunshine: 2443 hours
Average annual rainfall: 647 mm
Latitude: 41.3 degrees south
Altitude: 85 – 150 metres above sea level
Soil: Greywacke river stone, Broadbridge & Wither clays
Planting density: High at 4400 vines/ha
Clones: MS, 242, 316, 317, 376, 530, & 905
Rootstock: RG, 101-14, 3309, & Schwarzmann
Vine age: 3–7 year old vines
Residual sugar: <1g/l
Total acidity: 6g/l
Ageing potential: 2-3 years from vintage Wine match: on its own or with fresh seafood.
The wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks to retain fruit purity and flavour; it was then aged on fine yeast lees for three months. Lees stirring over this time allows the wine to stabilise naturally, enabling us to fine the wine only once before a light, non-sterile filtration. This extended lees contact also helps the wine to gain roundness and texture.
In the French tradition, our entire vineyard is high densely planted - this forces the vines to compete with one another, resulting in highly concentrated grapes and more mineral flavours in the wine. The younger Sauvignon vines are situated on our 3 different soils types.
- 2021 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.