"The Cortonesi 2015 Brunello di Montalcino La Mannella comes from a vineyard site located not too far from Montosoli, at the foot of the hill where the town of Montalcino stands tall. The soils at this site see a mix of clay and flysch. It offers slightly contained aromas at first that open to reveal dark berry fruit, rose petal and crushed stone. This wine remains direct and accessible with a medium-weight approach ... read more
"The Cortonesi 2015 Brunello di Montalcino La Mannella comes from a vineyard site located not too far from Montosoli, at the foot of the hill where the town of Montalcino stands tall. The soils at this site see a mix of clay and flysch. It offers slightly contained aromas at first that open to reveal dark berry fruit, rose petal and crushed stone. This wine remains direct and accessible with a medium-weight approach backed by fine and structured tannins. Some 25,000 bottles were made, and this Brunello hit the market in January 2020."
James Suckling 94
Lots of glazed dark cherries meet with aniseed, licorice, tar and five spice. While the nose is quite decadent, the palate takes a more restrained approach with suave, polished tannins that coat the mouth in a comely, tidy fashion
Tasting Pannel 94
Earthy, berry-tinged nose; smooth and lush with deep blackberry and floral notes; graceful and complex.
Wine Enthusiast 91
Red berry, blue flower, forest floor and menthol aromas meld together on this fullbodied red. Its tightly knit and firmly structured, delivering raspberry compote, cranberry and clove set against assertive, seasoned tannins. Drink 20222027
La Manella is the name of the Cortonesi family's estate on the northern slopes of the Montalcino hill. Rather than a single vineyard, it comprises a number of plots totalling approximately 5ha. These are blended and bottled separately from its smaller holding in the south of Montalcino. It is already showing a bit of development, though still appealing. The nose emphasises savory leather and dried floral aromas, while on the palate brighter notes of red cherry and pepper appear and the tannins give a perceptible grip. Nevertheless, I'd drink this within the decade. Drinking Window 2020 - 2028
Luscious dark crimson Brunello with bountiful and intense aromas of red fruit, blackberry, spice, leather and cedar that lingers. The wine is clean, sharp but bold and generous at the same time. There is a touch of bitter almond, followed by softer tones of red berry and spice on the palate, with a long, lingering finish. ~ Winery notes
- 2015 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.