"Cristom’s 2010 Pinot Noir Summers Reserve – as usual, sourced diversely, but in only small part from the Cristom estate – is pungently – and sweetly-scented with blond tobacco; fresh cherry and red currant; smoked meat; brown spices and white pepper, all of which then inform a tight, tart-edged, firm palate. It finishes with sappy, gripping and energetic intensity; not the most refined Pinot to be sure, but bursting with flavor ... read more
"Cristom’s 2010 Pinot Noir Summers Reserve – as usual, sourced diversely, but in only small part from the Cristom estate – is pungently – and sweetly-scented with blond tobacco; fresh cherry and red currant; smoked meat; brown spices and white pepper, all of which then inform a tight, tart-edged, firm palate. It finishes with sappy, gripping and energetic intensity; not the most refined Pinot to be sure, but bursting with flavor and, I suspect, bursting to leave the starting gate and show that it can cover at least a decade’s distance with aplomb."
Stephen Tanzer 91
"Bright ruby red. Intense red berry and Asian spice aromas are given depth by notes of cola and mocha. Juicy and incisive on the palate, offering appealingly sweet raspberry and rose pastille flavors and a bright kick of cinnamon. Finishes on an energetic note, with excellent clarity and gentle tannic grip. The 2009 version carried 14.3% alcohol while this one checks in at 13.5%."
This deep garnet colored Pinot Noir has great aromas of black cherries, currants, and orange zest with hits of leather and vanilla. The well integrated flavors include ripe cherries, pomegranate, cinnamon and sweet oak. This well balanced, beautifully concentrated wine shows a lot of complexity, probably due to its diverse vineyard sources. I expect this wine will improve for 5 to 10 years, although it is drinking very well now.
It was the promise of great wines that first drew Paul and Eileen Gerrie, owners of Cristom Vineyards, to Oregon. They conceived of a place where the succulent Pinot Noir grape could achieve its fullest expression – complex, hand crafted wines that are bold yet balanced: both powerful and elegant. Their wines evolve as they age, revealing ever grater richness and complexity with time. The abundance of soils and slopes in the hills of Oregon defined the Gerrie's vision of world class Pinot Noir. The warm winds of summer held the promise of rich Chardonnay, the cool sunny autumn yielded tart Pinot Gris. Since the inaugural vintage in 1992, the Gerries, along with winemaker Steve Doerner, have been producing wines that are considered the benchmark in Oregon and have made Cristom, named after their children, Christine and Tom, a veritable household name.
Farming Practice: Practicing Organic
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.