Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015

Each : $46.95
Case: $281.70 
BTL
Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015

Sample Image
Not Vintage Specific

Ask Adam
WA: 91
Item Number: 28194
Wine Advocate 91
“This wine is a blend of around 80% Cabernet Sauvignon with Petit Verdot, Merlot and Cabernet Franc making up the other 20%. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve offers ripe cassis, blackberry preserves, dried herbs, incense and dusty earth notions with a hint of smoked meat. The medium to full-bodied palate reveals a firm, fine-grained backbone with layered, relatively elegant fruit expression and a long and earthy finish.”-WA

“A rich and compelling nose of black currant, ripe Bing cherries and smoky, toasty oak is redolent of warm cherry pie and blackberry cobbler. Behind the very forward dark fruits lie notes of black olive, licorice, creme de menthe, crushed stone and just a hint of ground espresso bean. On the palate is a veritable explosion of fresh fruit flavors, plump, voluptuous and pure. Blackberry, plum and cherry, and even nuances of pomegranate and cranberry. A steely, dusty minerality underlies this solid fruit core, latent power obscured by an oh-so silky texture. A firm handshake in a velvet glove. An amazing finish that replays the currant and black cherry layers interspersed with herbs and sandalwood that just won’t let go. It is in this finish where the power and purity of this wine is proven.”-Winemaker’s Notes

“In the golden, oak-studded hills of Paso Robles' fabled west side, not far from William Randolph Hearst's magnificent castle, there is a man with a Homeric vision. His name is Daniel Daou and he is devoting his life and every imaginable resource to creating, first and foremost, a Cabernet Sauvignon that rivals the very best in the world.
Gracefully perched atop a stunning promontory at 2,200 feet, the DAOU Spanish Colonial style winery is embraced by a tangible serenity. Hawks wheel and bank while the all-day sun caresses close planted rows of lush, emerald green vines. The 100 percent calcareous soil makes no sound as it passes out nourishment and only a gentle breeze flows up through the Templeton Gap from the Pacific. The quiet is bewitching; you want to lay down roots here, just as the four-year-old vines have done. But the sense of peace belies the serious industry at work on this 100 acre estate. No effort is spared to create the luscious varietals and blends that flow from this limited production winery. This kind of synergy happens rarely: superlative climate and terroir, super intensive vineyard culture, and cutting edge viticultural practice. You're more likely to find it in Bordeaux than Central California. Coupled with the infectious passion and gracious, family style hospitality of the Daou brothers, Georges and Daniel, the result is pure magic. The kind of magic that comes in a bottle.”-Winery Notes
Other Vintages: 2015  2013 

Ask Adam about Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015

No questions about Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015 posted yet.

Information about Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015

Bottles per case: 6

Type: Cabernet Sauvignon

Winery: Daou Vineyards

Region: California >  Paso Robles

Report Print
Other Suggestions
$195.99
97  JS
$18.95
95  JH
$59.95
95  VM
$19.95
94  RP
$114.95
94  WA
$42.95
94  RP