OFF Sample Image Only
The 2018 D2 exudes class with dense layers of toasty oak that connect with black cherry cough syrup, blackberry compote, mocha and tar, all marching in unison in the glass. The palate is dense, chewy and full of life. Downright delicious flavors of black tea and blackberry pie and shades of menthol and coffee grounds combine with a great sense of tension and light tannins. Enjoy this fantastic new wine over the next ... read more
The 2018 D2 exudes class with dense layers of toasty oak that connect with black cherry cough syrup, blackberry compote, mocha and tar, all marching in unison in the glass. The palate is dense, chewy and full of life. Downright delicious flavors of black tea and blackberry pie and shades of menthol and coffee grounds combine with a great sense of tension and light tannins. Enjoy this fantastic new wine over the next decade or more.~O.B.
Wine and Spirits Magazine 93
Scents of licorice and black fig take on a cinnamon tone in this merlot-dominant blend. Cinnamon scents appear with air, bright, ripe and lifted as it develops in the glass. It offers sleek cherry and warm plum flavors in a succulent combination, a satisfying accompaniment to duck breast.~P.J.C.
Wine Enthusiast 92
A blend of 67% Merlot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, this wine is full of polish and class. The aromas are charming, with notes of black cherry, dark raspberry, flowers and bittersweet chocolate. There's impressive structure and balance to the red and black fruit flavors.~S.S.
Jeb Dunnuck 91
Named after the famed D2 road that runs from Bordeaux up through the Mdoc, the 2018 D2 checks in as 67% Merlot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. It has a classy, medium-bodied style offering fine, elegant tannins, a balanced, charming texture, and classic notes of currants, violets, lead pencil, and tobacco. Reminding me of a top Cru Bourgeois, it should keep for a decade.~J.D.
James Suckling 90
Black plums, baked blueberries, mocha and toffee on the nose. Its medium-to full-bodied with firm, polished tannins. Ripe with bright acidity and a firm, tannic finish. 67% merlot, 28% cabernet sauvignon, 3% cabernet franc and 2% petit verdot. Drink or hold.~J.S.
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.