"A blend of different zones and terroirs and the wine that defines the winery is the 2020 Albario. It is serious and balanced, complex and very complete, with 13% alcohol, fully developed flavors and aromas and a harmonious palate with vibrant acidity and a strong mineral/stony strike. This is very dry, varietal and really representative of the Salns. It has an expressive nose with notes of Albario pulp, from a year with some ... read more
"A blend of different zones and terroirs and the wine that defines the winery is the 2020 Albario. It is serious and balanced, complex and very complete, with 13% alcohol, fully developed flavors and aromas and a harmonious palate with vibrant acidity and a strong mineral/stony strike. This is very dry, varietal and really representative of the Salns. It has an expressive nose with notes of Albario pulp, from a year with some noble rot that adds aromatic complexity. It's expressive and harmonious and combines power and freshness. It's an austere vintage with more malic acid than 2019, which Manuel Mndez insisted on comparing with 2016. This was bottled after nine months with the lees. There are different lots, and the bottling date is always printed on the back label. It should develop nicely in bottle. There are some 80,000 bottles. We tasted a bottle of the 2015, which I think might have some similarities with 2020, and the wine is superb today. They also uncorked a 2012, from a cold vintage when they didn't produce a Cepas Vellas, and think it could be a vintage with similarities to 2021. I look forward to the 2021." ~Luis Gutirrez
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.