"Hailing from the limestone-clay slopes on the outskirts of Chinon town, home to other famous vineyards like Clos de l'Olive and Chne Vert, Le Clos Guillot 2020 offers a cloud of Cabernet Franc fruit with fine refreshing acidity. Savory, silken and seductive, the wine is flooded with a stream of acidity. It is a calm wine with a mass of chalky tannins that coat the palate reassuringly. The finish is long, quiet and ... read more
"Hailing from the limestone-clay slopes on the outskirts of Chinon town, home to other famous vineyards like Clos de l'Olive and Chne Vert, Le Clos Guillot 2020 offers a cloud of Cabernet Franc fruit with fine refreshing acidity. Savory, silken and seductive, the wine is flooded with a stream of acidity. It is a calm wine with a mass of chalky tannins that coat the palate reassuringly. The finish is long, quiet and scented with dark raspberries and spice. There is a minor complaint of a touch of dryness at the very end of this wine." ~ RG
View from the Cellar 93+
"The Chinon les Grzeaux from Domaine Baudry is their oldest vine cuve, as these vines are now more than fifty years of age. The vineyards also lie close to the Vienne River in the Baudrys home village of Cravant-les-Cteaux, with the gravelly topsoils layered over a base of clay and limestone. The wine is fermented and raised in cement vats. The 2021 version comes in at twelve percent octane in this cooler summer and offers up a deep and black fruity bouquet of cassis, dark berries, cigar ash, gravelly soil tones, coffee bean and plenty of upper register smokiness. On the palate the wine is deep, pure and full, with superb depth at the core, lovely soil signature and grip, ripe, buried tannins, impeccable balance and a long, complex and very promising finish. This is going to be a simply outstanding wine, once it has blossomed from behind its chassis of tannin. 2031-2075+." ~ JG
100% Cabernet Franc. Close to the town of Chinon, Clos Guillot is a hillside vineyard with south-southwest exposure, near the top of the hill, with clay soils rich in yellow tuffeau (the soft local limestone) and iron. The vines were planted between 1993 and 2000. The farming is certified-organic. All vineyard work, including harvest, is by hand. The fruit is destemmed without crushing and moved by gravity into unlined cement vats. Fermentation is spontaneous with native yeasts and without sulfur or temperature control; maceration lasts around two weeks with a daily pumpover and no punchdowns. The wine is aged for a year in 2-5-year-old barrique and for a year in cement tank. It is bottled without filtration two years after the harvest. Sulfur usage is minimal.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.